A few quick tips for a friend who asked me about taking photos with an iPhone.

I Don't mind you getting in touch at all, hope all is good with you. In fact I'm flattered by the kind words. I take all of my mobile photos with the standard iPhone camera app. Where things then change is in the editing of the pictures to improve the picture or get the feel you want.

I use an app called Snapseed. It's very easy to learn and start getting good results. There are some excellent tutorials here: http://iphonephotographyschool.com/tag/snapseed/ .

Actually that website is a great resource for inspiration. But the two key things I think have improved my photography more than anything:

1. Learning about composition http://iphonephotographyschool.com/composition-tips/ - (tip - you can recompose a photo by cropping afterwards.)

2. Deciding what the subject or story of the photo is, and getting rid of as much distraction from the story as possible.

Other than this, just take loads of photos and play with snapseed. Follow inspiring blogs or instagramers to get inspiration and ideas. You'll soon find styles of photos you really like, and these styles will start making their way into your shots.

Hope this helps, and you are going somewhere nice - enjoy :)

No comments:

Elevate

Hello fellow marketers. AI is great. But please stop copying and pasting the word elevate. ChatGPT by its own admission loves the word eleva...